Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Info from Lena



Lena,
I contacted Donald Sinyard who is the host of the Sinyard Family Website to see about getting you an invitation to have access there. Research there might help you make contact with others who might know about your John Sinyard and J.D. Sinayrd.

I would very much like to have access to the Sims Family Website that you wrote about.

Here are the census results I found for SIMS in Gilmer County, GA (which is right next door to Paulding Co., GA).

U.S. Census of 1860, Gilmer Co., Georgia, Date: June 30, 1860, p. 35
Household 423, Family 383
William R. Sims, 46, miner/farmer, personal property value $100, place of birth unk
Rebecca M., wife, 35, place of birth unk
Nancy E., dau, 18, born in GA (all children born in GA)
Littleton L., son, 15,
Jonah M.R., son, 13
Francis B., son, 11
Livinia A., dau, 9
William J., son, 1

U.S. Census of 1860, Gilmer Co., GA, August 2, 1860, page 125
Household 989, Family 866
George W. Sims, 30, farmer, born in NC
Jane, wife, 29, born in GA
James M., son, 6, born in GA
Thomas A., son, 4, born in TN
Sarah A., dau, 2, born in GA
John H., son, 2 months old, born GA

I hope this is of some help. I would like to learn more about your William Samuel Sims and all your Alabama SIMS. I live in Burbank, and do all of my research at the Family History Center in Los Angeles. Let me know if you need any look-ups, as they have a tremendous collection of films, microfiche, and books.

Regards, Justin 
1 Attached files|4KB

No comments: