Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lena post forwarded from Charles Stubbs


Message body

Pattsy,
I don't know if Connie let you know about this or not. She has heard back
fromt he man doing our Key line with the Indian. I am just forwarding what
was said to you.  Now this is really getting exciting tho.
Thought you might like to read what Charles Stubbs wrote back to me.
Interesting! ! ! ! !
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Anita Stubbs
To: carkeyt
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: KEY-WINKLES Family>

CC,       Been wondering where you were.  I tried to send you some things a year or so ago but always got them back.
A lot of people are looking for Eleanor Key and Eleanor Key's Husband as well.   I can't help much because I
always hit a dead end at Samuel Key and Mary Cockrell and I don't know much about Nancy Winkle.
However: All that being said,--------I don't think that a woman in the Civil War era could  have given  birth to that many illegitimate children and gotten away with it.  Bear in mind that the Keys had an annoying  habit of marrying each other.  For instance, my grandmother Mary (William R.--William--Samuel)  married her first cousin James (Thomas--William--Samuel), therefore, all her children were Keys maybe the same way as Eleanor's were.  Maybe Eleanor's husband was killed in the Civil War---Maybe she didn't have a husband at all---who will ever know?
You say the you descend from Jim C. Key.  I learned from a distant cousin in Mt. Pleasant, Texas that a multitude of Jim Keys came from the Marshall County, Alabama area at the same time and all were kin.
My Jim was "Poor Jim", the man from Mt. Pleasant dad was "Slim Jim", there was a "Rich Jim" , some more Jims, and finally, a "Black Jim"{ "Free Born", as in not African American, but probably Indian}  I will have to look this up, but I think this "Black Jim" married a Mattie Redden and I have some correspondence with someone kin to Redden but I have to find it.   I think this Jim Key is yours.  Any of this sound familiar? Let me know.
Charles Stubbs ---Canton , Texas
----- Original Message -----
From: carkeyt
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:32 AM
Subject: KEY-WINKLES Family>

Mr. Stubbs,
   Eva Key Hicks gave me you address, in hopes you would be able to help me with this line..I am looking for information about Samuel KEY & Nancy ? WINKLES, daughter Eleanor(Ellen)KEY....Have been unable to locate a husband for her...All of her 6 children carried the KEY name.  My Grandfather James C."Jim" KEY was 1 of her 3 sons.  Thanks for any help..
CC
 
1 Attached files|8KB

No comments: